Good LAWD I can't get enough of this dish. I've been crushing it post workout lately and adding some shredded chicken in, but it's legit anytime. It's bright, it's fresh, and feels indulgent AF. When I'm looking to add in more fats to my day, I love adding some sliced avocado to the bowl as well. Or, consider adding a couple of poached or fried eggs on top and make a nutritious, satiating breakfast bowl! Dig in, my friends.
- 4 slices of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 sweet potatoes, spiralized
- 2 large carrots, spiralized (or if you're lazy...like me...get 1 package of Trader Joe's frozen carrot spirals)
- 2 cups of shredded green cabbage
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, cook the bacon pieces until crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate, leaving the rendered grease in the pan.
- Add the spiralized sweet potatoes, carrots, and shredded cabbage to the pan and let them sit in the bacon grease undisturbed for about 4 minutes. Flip over and sauté another 4 minutes on the other side. Continue to sauté and stir until all the "noodles" are cooked through and slightly browned.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the bacon back to the pan.
- Squeeze the lime juice into the pan and add the coconut aminos, pepper, and salt. Stir around to coat and taste to see if you need more salt or pepper.
- Divide among 2-3 plates, and garnish with the parsley.