Just because I'm all about a big bowl of oats doesn't mean I can't be all about a big bowl of n'oats too. I also realize that I need to cater to my oat/grain/gluten-intolerant followers. Not trying to be a selfish heaux and only post things that I can eat. We are all different, and some of you tragically don't digest oats well...BUT the good news is, if you fall in this camp, you can still enjoy a fat bowl of oatless oatmeal. Hell, I make this regularly by choice - and I digest oats just fine. It's tasty, nutritious, and voluminous (aka it makes a lot and should keep you full all morning)! For those of you in a macro tracking routine, I also love how macro-friendly it is - you can very easily tweak the ingredient ratios to fit any macro goal (you'll just want to be sure that the almond milk to egg white ratio remains 1:1).
- 1 ripe banana
- 2/3 cup egg whites
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1.5 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4-5 drops of liquid stevia (optional)
- Topping recommendations: 1 tbsp nut butter, sprinkle of shredded coconut, sliced strawberries
- Mash your banana and set aside
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add the egg whites, almond milk, and ground flax. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes until it starts to slightly thicken.
- Add in the mashed banana, cinnamon, and stevia. Cook (and stir frequently) until the mixture thickens into a porridge-like consistency (about 5-7 more minutes).
- Pour into a bowl and add your toppings of choice!