At this point, you all know that I love collagen peptides. I have them in some shape or form every single day. To scrub up on why collagen is so awesome, refer back to this post (which, consequently, also features a fu*king delicious dessert recipe...you're welcome).
To my delight, Vital Proteins (which, in my opinion, sells the best/highest quality collagen) semi-recently came out with a Collagen Whey formula. As an athlete, this is amazeballs as a post-workout supplement. You get the benefits of collagen AND whey, all at the same time. My friends over at Vital Proteins were nice enough to send me some of their Vanilla & Coconut Water Collagen Whey to try out, but they also have a Cocoa Coconut variety that's also super tasty. I've been taking it down via acai bowls, smoothies, and mixing it into oatmeal. If you're currently living in borderline unbearable summer heat, give this acai bowl a go and cool off. You're going to love it, I know it!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Vanilla & Coconut Water Collagen Whey (or vanilla protein powder of choice)
- 1 frozen acai smoothie packet (I use Trader Joe's)
- 1 cup of frozen berries
- 1-2 tbsp almond butter
- 6-8 ice cubes
- To garnish: cacao nibs, shredded coconut, hemp hearts, sliced banana
- Add the almond milk, protein powder, acai packet, berries and almond butter to a high speed blender. Blend until thick and creamy. If you don't have a powerful blender (like a Vitamix or Blendtec), you may need to add 1/4 cup of additional almond milk to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Pour in a bowl, and assemble the garnishes/toppings to make your bowl look fancy AF.
- Snap a photo of the beauty before you eat it...because if you didn't post the pic to Instagram...did you even eat it?