"Your mom". The most appropriate response to any question ever, in my mature opinion. What kind of granola is this? Your mom's. Well, actually, it's my mom's (I tend to "borrow" from her a lot on this blog in case you haven't noticed), but it's too good not to share.
If there's anything in here that's not jiving with your granola taste buds, or you want to customize it with different nuts, seeds, oats, etc., you can be totally flexible in swapping in and out whatever you want. You'll notice that this granola is not really of the sticky/clustered variety, which makes it a great yogurt add-in, smoothie topper or to just grab a handful on the go when you fall victim to a snack attack.
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats (omit to make paleo-compliant and replace with additional nuts/seeds)
- 1/4 cup liquid coconut oil or MCT oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Add-ins: chocolate chips, dried cranberries, peanut butter chips, cacao nibs, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 325.
- Add the nuts, seeds and granola to a large mixing bowl. Add in oil, maple syrup, vanilla bean paste and cinnamon and toss to evenly coat.
- On an unlined baking sheet (you will probably need two), spread the granola mixture across in a single, even layer.
- Place the baking sheet(s) in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and, using a spatula or mixing spoon, toss the granola around (you don't need to be meticulous here, you just want to loosen them up and somewhat flip them around).
- Return to the oven for another 10-15 minutes, or until the mixture is a nice golden brown. Be sure you start checking at the 10 minute mark...this will burn quickly if you don't keep a close eye on it!
- Remove the baking sheet(s) from the oven and let the granola cool completely before transferring to a big container. Add in whatever "extras" you'd like (chocolate chips, dried fruit, etc.), shake it all up and enjoy!
Servings: A shit load....But seriously, this makes so much, there will be no shortage of deliciousness here.