The convenience of overnight oats has saved me on a number of occasions. They've become a Wednesday ritual for me, since I'm up at the @$$ crack of dawn to coach my morning MADabolic class. Needless to say, the last thing I'm trying to do at 4:30am is fumble around my kitchen to throw together some semblance of a breakfast, so I usually whip up some variation of overnight oats the night before so I have something ready to toss in my bag. Lately, the apple pie flavor has been my favorite!
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use SFH Pure)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 apple, diced
- Add the first 6 ingredients to a mason jar. You can either stir to combine, or just put a lid on and shake it up.
- Place in the fridge overnight, or for at least 6 hours.
- Mix in the almond butter and diced apple when you're ready to eat!