Happy Valentines Day, you filthy animals! I neither know nor care about what your plans are on this Hallmark holiday, but I'm hoping it at least entails sugar. Who's to say you can't ogle your blue eyed honey (or dog) AND a tasty treat on this polarizing day? Some of you reading this might LIVE for the V-Day cheese, while others might prefer taking temporary residency in stretchy pants watching some below average Josh Duhamel flick through the bottom of a bottle of vodka.
As for me? Well, I've been known to spend Valentines Day at Chili's...both when single and in a relationship. Chili's Triple Dippers and wings? What can I say, my beau knows the way to my heart. I definitely don't hate the grand gestures of love that come with V-Day, but I also wouldn't be opposed to swapping out the holiday entirely with a second Thanksgiving.
Relationship status: chocolate.
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter or ghee
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 batch of Salted Date Caramel Dip
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, butter and maple syrup to a food processor and blend until completely combined.
- Press the crust dough into a greased 8x8 baking dish and poke a few holes across the surface (with a fork). Bake the crust for 12 minutes, or until golden. Remove the crust.
- Spread the date caramel evenly over the crust. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top, followed by the coconut flakes, finishing with the chopped walnuts. Sprinkle some sea salt on top if you'd like, and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and let cool for about 30 minutes before transferring to the fridge or freezer to set. Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours, or freeze for 2 hours if you are the impatient sort.
- Once set, cut into squares and enjoy! These can be stored at room temp in an airtight container, or in the fridge or freezer for a longer shelf life.