Literally get in my face. These gorgeous cookies are based on Oh She Glows original recipe with slight modifications. I can't stand how amazing these egg-free, gluten-free, dairy-free cookies are. Yes....they are even - dare I say it - VEGAN. When starting this blog I would never have guessed that I'd associate myself with anything vegan...not because I hate vegans or anything, but because I'm pretty sure 75% of my bloodstream is composed of bacon grease. But here I stand, having made a vegan friendly, gluten-free dessert than literally anyone can enjoy.
Whip these up for your office mates or next group gathering and I promise no one will know they are made with clean, junk-free ingredients. My personal favorite way to enjoy these is to make a big batch, throw them in a ziplock bag in the freezer, make sure to not tell a soul they exist, and then enjoy them one by one at my leisure while "muahahah"-ing over my extreme act of selfishness.
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup oat flour (make it yourself: blend up 1 cup of gluten-free rolled oats)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup enjoy life dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or just grease it).
- In a small bowl, mix the flaxseed with the water and let it sit a few minutes to thicken.
- With a hand mixer, beat the coconut oil and almond butter together. Add the brown sugar and coconut sugar and beat until combined. Next, beat in the flaxseed mixture and almond milk.
- Add the vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, oat flour and almond flour - beat until the dough is sticky.
- Finally, gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Arrange the dough into tablespoon-sized balls about 2 inches apart. Don't flatten out the cookies as they will expand on their own in the kitchen.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before digging the f*** in.
Servings: 16-20 cookies