After scouring my website with a super critical eye to see which categories need some TLC, I realized my seafood section is very lacking. I mean that area has a lower functioning reputation than Ryan Lochte's pistachio brain. This indicates two things:
1) I'm a neglectful heaux who is not fulfilling your fishy desires, and
2) I'm not eating enough seafood in my own daily life, which is no bueno because seafood protein has so many nutrients and healthy fats that you can't always find in poultry, beef, pork, etc.
So let's go ahead and remedy that situation right meow. I now present and hope you enjoy these delightful, Whole 30 approved burgers and grill out with your gills out.
- 2 (6 oz) cans of wild caught salmon
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Drain the canned salmon and add to a mixing bowl. Mix in all remaining ingredients, except the coconut oil.
- Form 4 patties with the mixture. If grilling, grill for 3-4 minutes per side. If pan-searing (my favorite way to do it), heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the patties and cook for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve however you like! They are delicious with lettuce, tomato and tartar sauce!
Servings: 4 burgers