I'm a big "sit on my bum and not put much effort into my meals" kinda gal. I've said it before, but my slow cooker is my sous chef. The ability to just dump stuff in it and be able to watch the evening news without lifting a finger come dinner time is just glorious. Did you catch last week's evening news?? Crazy stuff. I can't believe Sonja Morgan ripped off Bethenny Frankel's booze brand. Oh...you don't watch Bravo's news segment? It's called "The Real Housewives of New York City"...really riveting stuff, you should get into it - great way to feed your brain.
These Whole 30 approved, delicious meatballs are bound to rock your world - the zoodles and spaghetti squash in your kitchens are hurtin' for them, I promise you. My manfriend and I recently got into "Italian Sundays", so we had these the other weekend and they certainly didn't disappoint. You might be asking, "what does 'Italian Sunday' mean?" Well...we had pizza one Sunday and just so happened to have meatballs the next, so we basically dubbed ourselves "Italian Sunday-ers" as though we've been doing it for years. But whatever, it works. Sundays are for comfort food (you know...to comfort you from the fact that tomorrow is Monday), and Italian food fits the "comfort food" bill.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups of clean marinara sauce of your choice (I use the giant green can of Trader Joe's marinara and it's 100% clean and Whole 30 compliant)
- Mix the ground beef, almond flour, eggs and seasonings together in a large bowl.
- Form meatballs the size of your choice with the meat mixture and place them in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Pour the marinara sauce over the meatballs, close the lid and turn the slow cooker on LOW for 6 hours.
- Serve over spiralized vegetables or noodles of choice!