If you're presently on the Whole 30, 21 DSD, 28 to LIFE or any other elimination cleanse (lookin' at you, sis)...avert your eyes.This is definitely an indulgent recipe...but WOW is it good. Crispy flatbread under shredded chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch and sharp cheddar is just an unreal combination. This recipe is perfect for a night where you just want to kick your feet up, have a glass of wine and be a lil' naughty. Beware, there will be several buffalo chicken themed recipes in the coming months because it's my current flavor obsession.
- 1 batch of my Perfectly Crispy Pizza Crust
- 1 cup of my Easiest Shredded Buffalo Chicken Ever
- 1/4 cup of my Paleo Ranch
- 1/2 cup full-fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Frank's hot sauce for extra buffalo garnish
- You'll want to prepare the chicken ahead of time, as it's a slow cooker recipe - just throw in all the ingredients in the morning and it'll be ready for you come pizza time!
- Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare the pizza crust per my recipe's instructions (to make it more flatbread-like, you'll just want to roll it out a little bit thinner). Unless you're making two flatbreads, you'll only need half the dough, so feel free to freeze the other half to have on hand for the next time a pizza/flatbread craving kicks in.
- After you bake the naked flatbread crust, assemble the toppings in your preferred order. I like to start with spreading the buffalo chicken across the crust and then dumping the cheese on top.
- Place the assembled flat bread back in the oven for 10-15 minutes. When the cheese has completely melted and the crust is golden brown around the edges, it's ready to come out.
- Drizzle the ranch on top and add additional hot sauce to taste.