Simple, nutritious and delicious. This is a weekly go to for me (I feel like I say that all the time...but it's true!) and there's next to no effort involved. In fact, I've been making Hummus Chicken since before my paleo days, so I don't know why it has taken me until now to share this TWO INGREDIENT recipe with you all! My favorite way to do this dish is by way of my paleo friendly, cashew-based Sriracha Hummus, which is really easy to make in big batches and lasts for a couple weeks in the frdge. However, if legume-based hummus doesn't upset your tummy, slather away! There are plenty of delicious options out there...if you're in the Carolinas, you have GOT to try Roots hummus. It rocks.
Put a steamy piece of oven fresh Hummus Chicken over a bed of hearty greens and you've got yourself a complete meal!
- 1 batch Sriracha Hummus or hummus of choice
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 8 chicken breast tenders
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Pat the chicken boobs or tenders dry with a paper towel and sprinkle salt and pepper over them.
- Arrange the chicken on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Spread 2-3 tbsp of hummus over top each breast. If using breast tenders, use about 1-2 tbsp of hummus on each.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for 17-20 minutes for tenders or 25-30 minutes for breasts (or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear). The thicker/bigger the breasts, the longer they will take to cook.
- Serve the chicken over a bed of greens, or with whichever sides please you. Enjoy!