I make this buffalo chicken on the reg in bulk and then eat it throughout the week. It's surprisingly diverse! Great for buffalo chicken tacos, pizza, chicken salad, etc. One of my new favorite ways to eat it is to throw it over spaghetti squash, add a dollop of mayonnaise, mix it all up and heat it. Yum! Not to mention, as the title indicates, this is the easiest shredded buffalo chicken ever.
But seriously. It's so easy. First of all, there are only 4 ingredients. Second of all, pretty much anything you throw into the slow cooker can be considered easy. Lastly, I've recently discovered a MAJOR life hack that makes shredding meat a total breeze. I mean, it's not like taking two forks and shredding meat is rocket science, but when you're looking at a 3+lb cut of cooked succulent goodness, manually shredding is a total pain in the arse. Prior to landing upon this sweet new method, if I were about to shred a hunk of pork butt, I felt like I needed to grab a small bowl to collect all the blood, sweat and tears that would come from this insane forearm workout of shredding a mountain of protein with two measly forks. It's really cute when my roommate's like "hey what's with the sweat mustache?" Don't worry about it, I was watching Cops.
OK - now for the coveted kitchen hack (I'm going to feel like a real a-hole when everyone's like "Finley, I've been doing this for years you unrefined, tardy ape"). If you don't have a hand mixer/beater, then you are up sh*t creek without a paddle and are doomed for a life time of brow seat and forearm aches. If you DO have a hand mixer, you're going to be jazzed. Plug that mofo in, place it in the bottom of the slow cooker, turn it on and move it around until all the meat is shredded. It takes one minute. Seriously amazing. The one thing I will say is if you have a particularly high speed hand mixer, beware of some minor splatter. I'd recommend placing the pot in your sink and then turning on the mixer just in case. And maybe wear an apron.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup Frank's hot sauce (or any other buffalo sauce you like)
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth (chicken stock will also work)
- 1/4 cup grassfed butter or ghee
- Place chicken in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Turn slow cooker on LOW for 4 hours.
- When it's done cooking, take your hand mixer/beater, place it in the bottom of the slow cooker, turn it on, and move it around until all the chicken is shredded. If you don't have a hand mixer, remove the chicken to a separate bowl, shred with two forks, and return to the saucy pot to keep warm until it's time to serve.