Are you tired of soup, chili and stew recipes? Probably not...because its colder than a witch's naughty bits and everyone loves a heart warming bowl of soup.
Yes, this is a meat-free recipe - GASP (very unlike me, I know) - but, hey, I gotta please my vegetarian frandz too. Lentils remind me of my grandma...that Italian knew how to make some dope lentil soup. So with a touch of nostalgia and absolutely no effort at all, this stew is a joy to make...and eat. It also thickens a bit after you store it in the fridge, so it's arguably even better eaten as leftovers.
And while lentils provide a good source of vegetarian protein, if you're craving a dose of the meat sweats, just go ahead and throw a pound of ground beef into the slow cooker and calm yourself.
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1.5 cups uncooked lentils
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cups bone broth of choice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 bay leaves
- Place all ingredients in your slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve! Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week. These are arguably better leftover...