Are you sick of seeing homemade chocolate cup recipes? Hope not! I literally just posted a chocolate espresso cup recipe, but I suppose one can never have enough cup-shaped chocolate around the holidayz. This treat is v seasonal, so if you're feeling festive AF, go ahead and place these on your Christmas table - err'one will thank you.
- 1 cup Raw Coconut Butter (I prefer homemade, but store-bought works well too)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2-4 drops of peppermint extract (you do NOT need much...a little goes a long way...start with two, taste the chocolate and then add more to your liking, drop by drop)
- Raw cacao nibs to garnish
- Line a muffin tin with liners or spray the wells with coconut oil.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, warm up the coconut butter and coconut oil for about 30 seconds.Mix well. You want the mixture to be soft enough to spread into the muffin tin.
- Using half of the coconut butter, spread a spoonful into each well and place the tray in the freezer to set.
- Using the double broiler method, warm the chocolate and peppermint extract together until completely melted.
- Remove the coconut butter cups from the freezer and evenly distribute the melted chocolate across each well. Return to the freezer for about 15 minutes, until the chocolate hardens.
- Distribute the rest of the coconut butter evenly on top of the chocolate (you may need to soften the coconut butter back up for ~15 seconds in the microwave).
- Sprinkle each cup with the raw cacao nibs and return the tray to the freezer until the remaining later of coconut butter has hardened.
- Voila! Inside out peppermint patties! Store your treats in an airtight container or ziplock bag in the fridge.
Servings: ~12 cups