Seasonal flavors are often deemed "basic". Consuming pumpkin-, cranberry- or peppermint-flavored anything between the months of October and January make you "basic AF." Turns out, I'm v basic. I'm pretty much on a pumpkin, cranberry and peppermint-flavored diet in the fall and winter. I would probably use pumpkin-flavored toothpaste if I ever crossed its path.
Anyways, among the several seasonally inspired recipes I plan to post over the next few months to add to my arsenal, I thought I'd start with this delightful dressing. It's dope and - by conventional definition - basic AF, and tastes awesome in salads, drizzled over roasted vegetables, or even as a marinade on a juicy cut of pork tenderloin. Get after it, you basic minx, you!
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- Juice of half a navel orange
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender. Process until liquified.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Yields: ~1/2 cup