If anyone else just cannot get enough spaghetti squash in their lives, please make this! It's so simple and delicious. And if you don't like scallops, first recognize that you are weird, and then second go check out my recipe for Shrimp Scampi! Nothing like dumping a pan full of butter all over your plate of veggies and lean seafood...bring on the FAT!
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter or ghee
- Poke several holes in the spaghetti squash and place in a microwave safe dish. Microwave for 12 minutes (if it's a GIGANTIC squash, go more towards 15 minutes). While it cooks, prepare the scallops.
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil and scallops and season them with salt and pepper.
- Brown the scallops on one side for about 3 minutes. Flip them over and then put the butter in the skillet and add the garlic.
- Let the scallops cook in the butter for another 3-4 minutes or until cooked through, and continue to pour the butter over top of the scallops as they cook. The butter should brown as it cooks with the scallops. Remove from heat when the scallops are cooked and the butter is browned, nutty and fragrant.
- Once the spaghetti squash is cool enough to touch, cut it in half and scrape out the seeds. Scrape the spaghetti squash strands into the serving bowls and distribute the scallops and buttery sauce evenly (don't skimp on the butter!!).
- Enjoy! Make sure you toss around the spaghetti squash so it soaks up all the butter...it's delish!