Be still my heart. Bacon wrapped [insert literally any food here] is my kryptonite. Hell, I'd probably even eat rocks if they were wrapped in bacon. Questioning my sanity? That's ok, I do that on a daily basis. Seafood also generally makes me weak at the knees. So it's only natural that wrapping something as delightful as a scallop with a hunky piece of pig fat makes me go ga-ga. And, true to my lazy form, these are a breeze to prepare.
Got a dinner party or pot luck to attend? Gotcha covered. Want to shamelessly eat a whole tray of tapas-styled bacon treats in the comfort of your own home? Gotcha covered.
- 20 scallops
- 10 slices of bacon, cut in halves
- Preheat oven to 425. Prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil. I would also recommend setting a wire rack on top so that the bacon drips and the scallops don't sit in the grease as they cook, but it's not 100% necessary.
- Rinse the scallops under cold water.
- Wrap each scallop in a half strip of bacon and stick a toothpick through each. You can also skewer them to fit 2-3 scallops per skewer.
- Take a few pinches of paprika and delicately sprinkle over the scallops.
- Place in the oven until the bacon is done and crispy and the scallops are completely opaque and white - about 30-35 minutes. If you are not using a wire rack, flip the scallops about half way through.
- Serve and get to noshing!