Acai bowls are just about as trendy as the man bun. And hopefully they don't go out of style like the man bun most certainly should. I recently experienced a mind blowingly delicious acai bowl from a local juice/smoothie joint and it made me want to make my own. While, yes, it was amazing, I also watched how much of each ingredient they put into it. And let me just say, no one needs to be eating two bananas and a pound of strawberries in one sitting. That's my main issue with drinking smoothies that I don't make myself. There is typically far too much fruit. Far more than anyone would ordinarily eat independently.
This acai bowl is just as satisfying and much more reasonably portioned - packing a good source of antioxidants while serving as a complete breakfast comprised of carbs, fat and protein (if you choose to add a clean source of protein powder, like SFH Pure). Hope you all love it!
- 1 scoop acai powder (you can also find frozen puree smoothie packets in places like Whole Foods)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 small frozen banana
- 1/2 cup berries (I used raspberries and blueberries)
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 scoop clean protein powder (optional)
- Garnish with fresh fruit, paleo granola, nuts, cacao nibs, etc... (whatever you're feeling!)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender and blend until super thick and completely pureed. If using a blender, you'll probably have to periodically scrape the sides of the blender jar down between blending sessions.
- Garnish with toppings of choice!