Cauliflower rice is by no means revolutionary at this point in the paleo world. There are countless variations, countless bloggers claiming to make the best version. Really, they are all very good. You can't really go wrong. One of my personal favorite variations - in addition to my cilantro lime version and my Asian stir fry version - is this curried version. It might seem limiting in terms of what can be paired with it, but it's surprisingly not. I like Nom Nom Paleo's shredded Kalua Pork with it best...but ground beef, chicken, and pretty much any other protein tastes great. Between the superfood status of cauliflower and the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric...this dish is just as delicious as it is nutritious. Give it a shot!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Cut the cauliflower head into florets and place in your food processor or high speed blender (it might be a messy job, but someone's gotta do it!).
- In a large skillet (preferably cast iron), heat the ghee on medium heat.
- Add the riced cauliflower to the skillet and let cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric and sea salt and let cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pair with your favorite protein and devour!