Sometimes I like to wake up really early and prepare myself a hot breakfast from scratch. Other times, I like to sleep in 'til the last minute, throw my work clothes on, microwave something to eat and run out the door. No, I'm not talking about microwaveable Quaker Oats products with little to no nutritional value (have you ever eaten those for breakfast? Any time I ever have, I wind up hungry by like 9am) - I'm talking about protein-dense egg cups. These can be spruced up a variety of ways - like my Bacon Egg Cups! This particular recipe leverages the nom-tastic flavors of buffalo chicken. THANK GOD Frank's hot sauce is paleo. I really do put that shi* on everything....ergo these egg cups.
Help yourself to these bad boys in the morning with a handful of nuts or half an avocado for a complete meal that will leave you satisfied until lunch!
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Frank's hot sauce
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- Arrange your chicken breasts on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While chicken is baking, whisk your eggs, 1/4 cup of Frank's, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Pour the mixture evenly into 12-15 muffin liners - fill each liner about 2/3 full.
- When chicken is done, remove to a bowl and shred with two forks. Add remaining 1/4 cup of Frank's and toss to coat.
- Spoon shredded buffalo chicken into the muffin liners so that the cups are almost filled to the top (but not all the way - they will rise when they bake).
- Place the muffin tin(s) in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the eggs are set and the tops of the egg cups are golden/slightly browned.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for leftovers!
Yield: 12-15 cups