SO EASY. And cheap. Since I'm both a sucker for the easy and the cheap (lol), this is a favorite "recipe" of mine for a quick and healthy fat source. I say "recipe" because it's far too simple for me to claim legitimacy over it. Really, this is more of an educational post to let you know...yes you can. YES you can eat delicious coconut butter. YES you can make delicious coconut butter. And YES you can do all of the above without spending a ridiculous $12.99 per jar.
Did I mention this is completely sugar free? Yup. Nothin' in here but healthy, fatty goodness.
- 1 bag of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Place shredded coconut in your food processor or high speed blender.
- Start at low speed and gradually increase until pasty.
- Add coconut oil and vanilla and blend on high until creamy.
- Pour in a jar and store at room temperature for a delicious snack.
Yield: ~ 1 cup