This is one big ass salad. It's not one of those measely little plates you'd judge someone for ordering at a restaurant...this thing is substantial and addicting. Like crack. So let's agree to call this crack salad. Making this in large batches is both smart and dangerous. Smart, because you have plenty of leftovers. Dangerous, because it's so addicting you may eat the leftovers before they become true leftovers. PLEASE do yourself a favor and make this with my creamy balsamic dressing - it's just an absolute must. I'm seriously so proud of this recipe it's embarrassing. Of all the things I have on my site, I'm arguably most pumped about...a salad. BUT not just any salad, remember...crack salad.
- 6 cups chopped kale, washed
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast, cooked and shredded or cubed
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked crisply and crumbled.
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup jicama, diced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 batch Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- To chop your kale, take a bunch of it and press it all together, then slice it thinly with a large sharp knife. Easy!
- In a large bowl, add your kale followed by the remaining ingredients.
- Toss with desired amount of dressing!
Tip: Dress your salads in individual servings, not all in the mixing bowl. Store the salad and the dressing separately so your salad remains fresh and you don't have soggy leftovers.