I can't believe it's taken me this long to paleo-fy one of my favorite recipes from college - the zucchini fry. Only back then I would dredge the zucchini sticks through white flour...and then dredge them again through panko bread crumbs. I mean...obviously they were the bomb...but... *sigh* ...they were the nutritional equivalent of dipping a carrot stick in pancake batter and then dropping it in a deep fryer. But whatever...I used to also close out my Saturday nights with a spicy chicken quesadilla, jalapeno poppers and buffalo chicken nuggets (yes - all three at one time)...which I can assure you was about as paleo as 50 Shades of Grey is good literature. OH WELL! At this point, it's just clear to me that my attribution of my Sunday hangovers to the booze was not a completely accurate assessment.
THESE zucchini fries on the other hand, leave me with no next day food hangover, maintain solid nutritious value and are crispy and salty and flippin' fantastic dipped in my paleo ranch! Hope you all LOVE these like I do!
- 1 zucchini
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Mix the flour, starch, paprika, salt and pepper into a shallow dish.
- Slice the zucchini into fry-like wedges.
- Dip each fry into the egg wash, and then dredge it through the flour mixture.
- Place on a greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.