I know it's summer but I don't give a flying donut. I like soup no matter what time of year it is. Mom and Pops didn't used to call me "soup queen" for nothin'...I damn well earned that title. This soup is SO creamy, most people think it's dairy-based. Joke is on you, clowns! A bowl of this liquid crack is loaded with nutrients and natural ingredients sans dairy, gluten, soy or any other garbage.
Last thing I'll say - DEFINITELY make the bacon crumbles to go on top...the smokey flavor is just perfect. Didn't you know that bacon tastes good with everything? No literally...everything. Even cookies...
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups bone broth (chicken, beef, pork...whatever! homemade is best...)
- 1 can coconut milk, full-fat
- 1/2-1 tbsp curry powder (start with 1/2, add more if you want more curry flavor)
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (plus more to taste)
- Optional: bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Place the cauliflower florets and shallot slices on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tbsp of olive oil and mix around to coat. Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a large pot, add remaining tbsp of olive oil and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes, until the garlic becomes aromatic. Add bone broth to the both and simmer until the cauliflower/shallots are done.
- Add the cauli florets and shallots to the pot. Bring to a boil and reduce to medium/low heat for 10 minutes.
- Either transfer the mixture to a blender, or use an immersion blender in the pot to blend the cauliflower/shallots up. Blend until completely creamy. Return to pot if using a stand blender.
- On low heat, add all the spices and then the coconut milk. Mix through and let simmer for 3-5 minutes. Taste and adjust spices as needed.
- Serve and garnish with bacon crumbles!