I love chia pudding. Aside from the fantastic nutritional profile of chia seeds, I actually really love the pearly texture of chia pudding...it's similar to that of tapioca...which freaks a lot of people out. So if you don't like that kind of texture, this may not be your recipe. If you dig it, please try this out. Chia pudding is a great item to keep in the fridge when you want dessert. It's like a faux dessert in that it feels and tastes like your indulging, but really you're consuming something super nutritious. Chia seeds + coconut milk + raw cacao is a recipe for nutritional success. As far as I'm concerned, it's a super food dessert. Shwing!
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp cacao powder (cocoa powder will work too)
- 1/2 tsp instant espresso
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 tbsp honey
- Optional: 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend together. Transfer to a bigger mason jar or bowl and set in the fridge to thicken up (at least an hour)
- Divide among whatever serving dish you'd like...and eat...or just eat it straight from the jar like I did.