I made these suckers in an effort to channel my inner child - so it was only natural that I skipped the side salad and made sweet potato fries to go with it. And then I plopped down on my sofa in my XXL sweats, turned on Sons of Anarchy, and watched Charlie Hunnam do his thing. It was a glorious evening needless to say.
- 1 lb chicken tenders, or breasts, cut into long strips
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp paprike
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine almond meal, shredded coconut salt and pepper in a bowl. Whisk egg in a separate bowl.
- Dip each tender in the egg wash, then dredge it through the breading mixture.
- Arrange the tenders on an aluminum-covered, lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the tenders are cooked through and the coating is golden brown.
- Enjoy! Serve with paleo ketchup, mustard, mayo...whatever!