I mean, honestly...how in the world can any other flavored aioli compete with a bacon aioli? Cue another reason why paleo isn't hard. BACON. AIOLI. The fact that I can slather this creamy goodness all over my hard boiled eggs or morning ribeye (casual...ribeye for breakfast) is just utopia. Light bulb - this would make for a bomb chicken salad base. Go get ya some!
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp finely minced garlic
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup room temperature, liquid bacon grease (I hope for the love of your bacony god that you save all your bacon drippings whenever you make the delicious porky strips!)
- 1/2 cup walnut oil
- Place all ingredients in an immersion blender cup or tall jar, pouring in the bacon grease and walnut oil last.
- Place the head of your immersion blender at the bottom of the cup and turn on. Let it sit and blend at the bottom so the emulsion starts to form. As it gets thick, slowly tilt and lift the head of the blender from the bottom up until it is evenly emulsified.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Spread on hard boiled eggs, over your steak, chicken, pork, WHATEVER!
Yield: 1 cup