If you have bone broth on hand and some basic veggies, chicken and spices, you can make some in-house, short-cut pho in a snap. Hence "Snappy Pho"...you catch on quick! While in my humble opinion (although...does anyone else's matter?), pho isn't pho without the soft delicious noodles, you don't need them to make a delicious asian-infused soup. But the noodles come highly recommended. I used miracle noodles for an authentic effect and consistency. Rice noodles will also do the trick ("OH MY GOD THEY'RE NOT PALEO THOUGH!" Chill the f out, you'll live). Zoodles or kelp noodles will also be tasty, they just won't have the consistency of pho noodles. Obviously.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 1/2 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced white mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 3 cups chicken or beef bone broth
- 1 package of miracle noodles
- In a heavy bottomed pot, heat the coconut oil on medium/high heat. Add the sliced chicken, onions and mushrooms and let saute until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add all the seasonings and stir until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes).
- Pour in the bone broth, bring to rolling boil.
- Rinse your miracle noodles according to the packet instructions and add them to the boiling soup. Reduce the soup to a simmer for about 5 minutes.