While I'm partial to the vinegar or mustard based style of pulled pork (check out my Carolina BBQ Pulled Pork recipe), when it comes to baby back ribs, I'm alllll about that red sauce. I can easily put down an entire rack of tomato-based bbq slathered ribs in one sitting. No shame.
So the impetus to this post was me waking up this morning and wanting ribs for dinner. I happened to have all the ingredients I needed to whip up a quick sauce and also had a rack of baby back ribs in my fridge. Boom. Ribs are prepped and in the slow cooker 20 minutes later. Only problem now is that I'm sitting on my couch, binge watching ABC Family's Harry Potter marathon and my house smells like freakin' ribs. I got about 6 hours to go so this is going to be a looonnggg day of waiting. Eek! I just can't wait to get my fingers on those bad boys and probably stain whatever I'm wearing. I love a good bbq rib facial mask. That's good for your pores, right?
Follow this super easy recipe for a clean, tangy and delicious in-home bbq sauce so you can have your baby back, baby back, baby back, baby back riiiibbbbss whenever you want!
Tip - use this sauce for my Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs recipe!
- 1 (14 oz) can organic tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz) can organic tomato paste
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp black strap molasses
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp granulated garlic (garlic powder will also work)
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a heavy-bottomed pot.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for use.
Yield: ~ 2 cups