This is the most delicious fall salad. Pears, bacon, walnuts, goat cheese....UGH! Onnnnn point. Throw some grilled chicken or flank steak on top, and you've got yourself a complete meal. Otherwise, enjoy this as a side to just about any fall meal! It's a definite crowd pleaser, so it makes for a good addition to pot lucks and family dinners. That's all!
For the Salad
- 1 bag of mixed greens
- 1 bartlett pear, cubed
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 strips nitrate-free bacon
- Goat cheese to garnish (optional)
For the Dressing
- Grease rendered from the bacon in the salad
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp coconut vinegar (apple cider vinegar also works)
- 1-2 tsp pure maple syrup (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all salad ingredients in a large serving bowl except for the bacon.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon to your desired consistency. Remove cooked bacon to a paper towel-lined place to dry, saving the rendered grease.
- In a blender, pour in the rendered bacon grease from the skillet along with the remaining dressing ingredients. Pulse until well combined.
- Plate your salads, garnish with goat cheese and drizzle the dressing over top. Immediately serve (best when still warm, as the bacon grease will solidify if left at room temperature too long).
Servings: 4 side salads