Yeah I said it. Butter Chicken 'Dillas. I don't know what I was thinking when I made these, but they were so good I pretty much blacked out as I ate them. If you like Indian food, I implore you to make these. They are ridiculous.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped (or 1/4 medium-large onion)
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breast, cubed
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (plus a little more if you like it super hot)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 14 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup heavy cream or full fat coconut milk (I prefer the heavy cream in this recipe)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 batches of Paleo Tortillas
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and add the garlic and onion. Saute on medium heat until fragrant (about 3 minutes).
- Add chicken breast to the pot followed by the garam masala, cayenne and salt. Saute for a couple minutes, until the chicken is slightly cooked around the outside.
- Reduce heat to medium/low and add the tomato sauce and heavy cream to the pot. Cook for about 10-12 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the butter chicken from heat and set aside to make the quesadillas.
- In a non-stick skillet, turn on the heat to medium/high. Lay one tortilla flat on the skillet to heat up.
- Spoon some butter chicken across half of the tortilla and sprinkle with mozzarella. When the mozzarella has melted, fold the other half of the tortilla on top of the chicken and cheese.
- Repeat until you have used up the tortillas! Or you can store for later use. You will probably have more butter chicken than tortillas, but that's ok! No one ever cried over too much butter chicken...