So, I wanted to add "shaved" brussels sprouts salad somewhere in the recipe title, but I felt that would be too long. But yes...this salad requires that you whip out the shaving cream and Venus razor blade and get to shaving. Gross, actually don't do that. Just toss the sprouts in your food processor and pulse. Or better yet (what I do), buy them pre-shaved. Trader Joe's sells bags of shaved brussels and it's the most convenient thing ever. No prep work for you at all. Plus, they are cheaper than dirt. I just love being able to check out of Trader Joe's with enough food to feed a small third world country and still spend under $100. Simply the best. And allows me to save money...to then spend at Lulu Lemon.
- 1 (12 oz) bag of shave brussels sprouts (or shred them whole yourself)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp spicy brown mustard (dijon works too)
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Place shaved sprouts in a large mixing or salad bowl.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, honey, garlic powder and salt. Pour it over the sprouts and toss.
- Add pistachios and cranberries and toss.
Servings: 3-4 side portions