Here is one of my ultimate favorite treats when I'm in the mood for a dessert. It's nothing revolutionary and It's actually so simple that it probably doesn't even count as a "recipe"...but sometimes the best things come from simple ideas. I just figured calling this "dessert sushi" would make it seem fancier and more sophisticated than it is. Feel free to change out the toppings I list below for whatever you like - this really works with anything.
As I say in many of my posts, this is quite literally fool proof. It pretty much consists of slicing a banana and sticking it in the freezer, so if that's past your culinary intelligence level, then I feel ashamed on your behalf. I believe in you though...you can do it!
- 1 banana
- 1-2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp Enjoy Life chocolate chips (or dark chocolate chips of choice)
- Peel your banana and slice it into sushi-sized chunks.
- Spread your nut butter across the top of the banana slices.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt your chocolate chips and drizzle or spread over the nut butter.
- Place dessert sushi in the freezer for 20 minutes. Eat with chop sticks if you want to be super fancy shmancy.