Dates are a fruit that make me thank mother nature. They may look like a wrinkly thumb, but they are sweet as hell and have a great, chewy consistency. When not dressed in pig fat, I like them blended up as a paleo caramel in my dessert dishes. But not today. Today, I like them stuffed with cheese and adorned in bacon. Like...what? Can life be any better? Anything that's either "cheese stuffed" or "bacon wrapped" is music to my ears. But when you hit me with "cheese stuffed" AND "bacon wrapped", it's like I've got a front row seat at the damn Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
This recipe is primal, so if you're looking to stick to the #strictpaleo route, just omit the cheese (you'll still want to pit your dates though).
- 12 medjool dates, pitted and halved
- 6 tbsp goat cheese or blue cheese
- 6 slices of bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut bacon slices in half.
- Stuff one date half with 1/2 tbsp of cheese (or less depending on how much room you're working with) and place the other date half back on top, sealing the cheese in.
- Wrap the date in a halved slice of bacon, securing with a tooth pick.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you've used up all your dates.
- Place dates on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 15 minutes or until your bacon is crispy.