I would describe these cups as knock offs. But not the crappy, blatantly obvious knock offs that you find from a shady online website that may or may not be legal. More like the knock offs you find in the back, secretive alleys of China town. You know...the $50 Chanel knock off rather than the $10 one. Ok...too much digression. Back to the paleo point.
These chocolate peppermint cups are amazing. So delicious that I have to give most of them away to people so I don't eat them all. And by "people" I mean I give them away...to my freezer. And then eat them all. Nothing beats a delicious, clean and easy-to-make dessert...so go make yourself some of these paleo york peppermint patty knock offs and do your happy dance.
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp coconut milk, full-fat
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 bag of Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- In a food processor or high speed blender, blend the shredded coconut, coconut oil, coconut milk, vanilla extract and 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract until sticky - this will make the coconut butter filling. In 30 second increments, microwave the chocolate chips until completely melted. Mix in 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract.
- Place mini muffin liners in a mini cupcake tin (you can use standard size liners too, I just prefer the minis for portion purposes). Spoon a small amount of chocolate into each liner - enough to cover the bottom. Put cupcake tin in the freezer for 5-10 minutes, or until the chocolate has set.
- Put a spoonful of coconut butter on top of the chocolate, and pat it down so that it sticks flat across the chocolate surface. Spoon the rest of the chocolate on top of the coconut butter, so that the chocolate completely covers the coconut. Place back in the freezer until the chocolate sets.
- Store peppermint patty cups in the freezer.
Servings: about 15 cups