While nursing my hangover with advil and Twilight, Breaking Dawn part 1...I mean CNN 6:00 news...I firmly decided that something sweet would solve all my problems. Hangover, meet fudge. "But Finley, it's not fall yet, silly!" Shut up. I don't care. If pumpkin puree is sold at all times of the year then pumpkin flavor can be enjoyed at all times of the year. I know I literally just posted the pumpkin mug cake, so this may be a little bit of pumpkin overkill...but I wasn't about to let a perfectly good can of partially used pumpkin puree go to waste.
This fudge. Oh em gee. Also, it only takes about five minutes to make. Maybe less. I had to give most of the pan away to keep myself from visiting the freezer every ten minutes. If sun butter doesn't suit you, go with almond butter. If you're not strict paleo, give peanut butter a shot. But the combination of flavors here is like a dancing fiesta of chocolatey fudgy goodness on my palate.
- 2 cups Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup sun butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon will also work)
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of vanilla
- Microwave the chocolate chips and coconut milk in 30 second increments until smooth.
- Spread the melted chocolate across an 8x8 or 9x9 dish.
- In a bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, sun butter, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg and vanilla. Pour the mixture out on top of the chocolate layer and spread across.
- Freeze until set and cut into small squares. Keep in the freezer or refrigerator.