Ok...pancakes + sausage. Yes + yes. You can obviously omit the ground sausage from this recipe if you'd like plain pancakes...although I don't see why you would omit the sausage unless you're a vegetarian. In which case, no judgment, but wtf. The only way I could justify leaving out the sausage would be if chocolate chips replaced it.
Go big or go home.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb ground breakfast sausage
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (plus extra to cook the pancakes)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, full-fat
- 1/2 tsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a nonstick skillet, warm your olive oil and cook your ground sausage. When done, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix remaining pancake ingredients. If the batter is too thick for your preference, slowly add water to thin out to desired consistency.
- Mix most of the ground sausage into the batter, saving enough to sprinkle on top of your pancakes.
- In a skillet on medium heat, warm a tsp of coconut oil and put a spoonful of batter in the skillet. Pat the batter down to spread it out into pancake form. Let cook for about 3 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown, and gently flip. Let cook on the other side for another 2-3 minutes and remove from heat. Repeat this step until you've used up all your batter.
- Plate your pancakes and top off with leftover sausage...and perhaps some pure maple syrup if you're feeling REALLY crazy.