I thought I missed peanut butter until I was introduced to sunbutter. Honestly, I think sunbutter is better. So, luckily for me, I don't really miss out on much after having cut peanut butter from my diet. I saw a post the other day on a random instagram page for a peanut butter and jelly smoothie. In the middle of a hot North Carolina summer, I thought that sounded so refreshing. So obviously I copied this chick's smoothie idea and modified it to suit my paleo preference using sunbutter. Cool off my sweaty friends!
- 2 tbsp sunbutter
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1/3 cup frozen berries (I used raspberries)
- Optional: 1 tsp chia seeds
- Optional: 1 scoop of protein powder (I like SFH Fuel)
1. Blend sun butter, banana and 2-3 tbsp of coconut milk until creamy. Pour in a mason jar or glass.
2. Separately, blend remainder of coconut milk and berries (and chia seeds and protein powder if using). Pour on top of sun butter mixture. Slurp. Smile.