That was a mouthful. Quite literally. Though these burgers will rock your socks off, I would recommend eating them in bites...rather than trying to stuff the whole damn thing in your mouth...like I may or may not have tried...unsuccessfully...but unregretfully.
Who doesn't love chorizo? Probably a lot of people, but the reasoning behind it is unclear. Unless you are a vegan or vegetarian...in which case you probably shouldn't even be on this meat-infested blog. Anyways, I made these for my brother and his main squeeze and they were a hit! I think next time I make them, I'll pull a PaleOMG and put pineapple in them as well.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb chorizo
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- Juice of a lime
- Onion powder to taste
- Combine the ground beef, chorizo, paprika, cayenne, salt and pepper. Mix well (get down and dirty and use your hands for best results).
- In a medium mixing bowl, remove the meat of the avocado and add onion, lime juice, onion powder and more salt and pepper. Mash it all up to create a chunky, glorious batch of guacamole.
- Over a large sheet of paper towel, form 12 thin patties from the meat mixture and flatten them out.
- Scoop equal parts of your guacamole on top of 6 of the patties (you may have leftover guacamole...but I have no doubt you'll find a way to eat it). Put the the remaining 6 patties on top of the guacamole patties and pinch meat around the edges to close in the guacamole.
- In a lightly oiled skillet, cook the burgers about 4-5 minutes per side on medium-high heat.
- Serve with some sweet potato fries!
Servings: 6 burgers