Though the color freaks most people out, the taste of this smoothie is what's most surprising. There is a ton of spinach and nutrients packed in here, but the combination of banana, ginger, coconut butter and a killer protein powder is the trick to sipping a green smoothie down that doesn't taste like your front lawn. It's quite delicious and one of my go-to smoothies when I don't have time to cook!
Tip: keep things like sliced bananas and bagged spinach in your freezer - it does a lot to help with smoothie consistency.
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut water (or regular water)
- 2-3 big handfuls of frozen spinach
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/3 cup frozen mango or pineapple (or both)
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger or 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1 heaping tbsp coconut butter (I use Nikki's Vanilla Cake Batter)
- 1 scoop protein powder (I use SFH Fuel - coconut flavor)
- In a blender, add coconut milk, coconut water and spinach. Blend until spinach is completely blended with milk.
- Add remaining ingredients to the blender and blend until you have a delectable frozen smoothie!