This chocolatey loaf has zucchini in it, so by the transitive property, this chocolatey loaf is a veggie. That's a stretch...BUT with minimal natural sweetener (honey or maple syrup) and real ingredients, this zucchini bread is dynamite at any point in the day. My favorite way to eat it is to heat it up the toaster oven and spread almond butter on top! You could also make these in muffin/cupcake form if you'd like! Just reduce the baking time to about 15-10 minutes, or whenever a toothpick comes out clean.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 cup shredded/grated zucchini (unpeeled)
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chunks (plus some for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a standard-sized bread pan with parchment paper. If you don't have parchment paper, grease the pan.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cocoa powder). In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs and honey.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix well. It's easiest to use a stand mixer, but some elbow grease and a wooden spoon should be just fine as well.
- Fold in zucchini and chocolate chips and pour batter into the bread pan. It will look really runny (runnier than standard bread batter)...not to worry!
- Place in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Immediately after removing from the oven, sprinkle a few more chocolate chunks on top to melt a little bit. Let cool.
Servings: About 8