Loaded potatoes are a big time comfort food, in my opinion. I was feeling pretty lazy one night amidst packing up our house for a recent move, so I just threw this together in a snap. I don't really have much else to say other than the bacon and beef alone should be enough to grab your attention.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 strips of bacon
- 1/2-1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Pierce your sweet potatoes with a fork, place in an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
- While your sweet potatoes are cooking, brown your ground beef in a skillet.When beef is just browned, add coconut oil, peppers and onions. Saute all together until the peppers and onions have softened.
- In another skillet, cook your bacon to desired doneness. Crumble up.
- Add bacon bits and all spices to the beef/veggie mixture and mix well.
- When sweet potatoes are done, slice open lengthwise and somewhat mash the insides with a fork. Scoop the beef/bacon mixture into each sweet potato boat.