I honestly didn't realize how easy meatloaf was until one night I watched Meg basically throw a bunch of crap in a bowl, mix it all together and stick it in the oven for a little. Not to mention, it's insanely practical. It yields so much and you can basically just eat off of it for a few days. I've decided that meatloaf makes for the best leftovers. Ok fine, I say that about everything.
Side note: the photos below reflect a doubling of the recipe - the below ingredients will only yield one loaf pan, not two.
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I used Frank's)
- 2 tbsp regular mayonnaise (I used Sir Kensington's)
- 5-6 strips of bacon, cut in half
- Chipotle mayonnaise to top (again, I used Sir Kensington's)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken, egg, coconut flour, onion, celery, spinach, spices, hot sauce and mayo. Mix thoroughly and place mixture in a loaf pan.
- Lay your bacon halves across the top of the meat mixture and cover the surface entirely.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes. When done, smother the top with chipotle mayo and serve.