This burger recipe is super easy and nothing special in terms of preparation...but in terms of flavor, it is superb. First of all, apple tastes good in any burger - if you've never tried it, you're missing out. These burgers combine the perfect combination of savory and sweet and pair well with some simple baked sweet potato fries. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp Dijon
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Handful of arugula, chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, dijon, chopped onion (1/4), garlic powder, salt, arugula and apple.
- Make 3 patties and throw on the grill or cook over the stove with some olive oil until you reach desired doneness.
- Top your burger with whatever you're in the mood for. I made these for lunch with my brother, and we topped it with guacamole and onions/mushrooms sauteed in ghee.
Servings: 3 (makes 6 small patties, I eat 2 at one time)