In honor of Cinco de Mayo, it's only fitting I post something to match the theme. What better way to celebrate than to shove a taco filled with meat and guacamole into your face? Why not have that monstrous beast of a taco be wrapped by a protein-filled, healthy and wicked tasty tortilla? The days of missing out on Taco Tuesdays are over. Have at it, hoss!
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder or tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until combined. You can also whisk everything in a bowl, the tortilla batter will just be a little clumpier since arrowroot powder and tapioca flour are kind of fickle.
- Heat up a tsp of coconut oil in a small skillet on high heat. When melted, swirl around to ensure the bottom of the skillet is coated entirely. Pour 1/3 of the batter into the center of the skillet and swirl around to make sure the batter spreads out in tortilla fashion.
- Let the tortilla cook on that side for about 2 minutes then flip to the other side with a spatula. Let cook for one more minute and remove to a plate.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the remaining 2 tortillas.
- Serve any which way you'd like!
Servings: 3 small tortillas