Chorizo may be my favorite member of the sausage family. Which is a bold statement, given how much breakfast sausage I consume on a regular basis. It quite frankly upsets me that it's taken me this long to make a chorizo meatball. I WILL pat myself on the back, however, for the guac-stuffed chorizo burgers I posted last year. Those are forever a personal and fan favorite.
With the lime pairing, these balls taste great with Mexican flavors. Stop snickering, you immature child! Just kidding, go ahead. I understand...balls is a funny word no matter the context or your age... I digress. Ok. So. As I was saying before I got so rudely interrupted by my own immaturity - these meatballs are great over mexican-style rice. I served them with my Cilantro Lime Cauli Rice along with sliced avocado. Salsa would have been nice too, I just didn't have any. Feel free to make this dish your own as well! The meatball ingredients don't require much (which in my opinion makes them so great...nice and easy), but you can play around with seasonings to see what other flavors you can create. Honestly, chorizo is so flavorful on its own though, I recommend keeping it basic!
- 1 lb ground chorizo (you can also purchase chorizo links and just remove the casing)
- 1/4 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix with your hands to make sure its all well incorporated!
- Form the mixture into small or medium balls (lol), and arrange them across an aluminum-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve while hot!