Looking for a clean, sensible dessert that won't leave you with a guilt hangover and and a belly ache? Well, I got something special for ya. And by special I mean something that a 5 year old could probably make look easy. This isn't the most revolutionary "paleo treat", but it's lack of complexity, deliciousness and healthy properties makes it a go to treat for me.
Plus, they are really cute and tiny. And what with me being a chick and all, cute and tiny things always tug at my heart strings. After these came out of the freezer, I just looked at them and gave a couple "Awwwwwww"s. And then proceeded to not-so-daintly cram them into my face. It was such a blur...one minute I'm slicing bananas, the next minute I have cashew butter and melted chocolate smeared on my cheeks. What a lady I am.
- 1 banana
- Nut butter of choice (I used raw cashew butter)
- 3 tbsp Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Slice your banana into little rounds.
- Sandwich a small dollop of nut butter between two banana slices and place on a parchment paper-lined plate. Freeze for about 30 minutes. Remove bananas from the freezer and set aside.
- Combine chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments until totally melted.
- Drop the banana sandwiches into the chocolate one by one and roll around until totally coated. Place back on the parchment-lined plate and return to the freezer for at least another 30 minutes before serving. At this point they will be cold but not frozen...so this is dependent on your consistency preference. The longer they stay in the freezer, the more of a "frozen treat" they become!