Taco Tuesday, am I right??? Of course I'm right. My paleo tortillas fit the bill for Taco Tuesday...and Taco Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, etc. I just love a good taco, and I hadn't had fish tacos in quite some time. And something about spicy garlic tilapia just felt right. It had to be done. If you don't like fish tacos, that sucks for you. But you could just simply take the tortilla recipe and make whatever taco your little mexican-inspired heart desires.
Dame todos los tacos!
- 3 tilapia fillets (1 filet is typically a little over 3 oz.)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 of my Paleo Tortillas
- 3 handfuls of shredded cabbage
- 1 medium avocado
- 3 tbsp clean salsa (I get mine from Trader Joe's)
- Turn your broiler onto high and lay your tilapia fillets out on an aluminum-lined baking sheet. Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil across all 3 fillets, rub it in so they're well coated.
- Over medium-high heat, warm up your remaining tbsp of olive oil in a skillet and add garlic. Saute until garlic becomes fragrant and remove from heat. Divide it among the 3 fillets.
- Combine your spices in a small dish and sprinkle evenly over the fillets.
- Place the tilapia under the broiler for 10 minutes, or until you can easily flake the fish with a fork.
- Remove from oven and, with a fork, pull the fish apart into shreds/chunks.
- Lay your tortillas out, and place a fistful of shredded cabbage in the center of each. Next, evenly divide the shredded tilapia among each taco - placing it on top of the cabbage.
- Slice up your avocado and divide it among the tacos.
- Top each taco off with 1 tbsp of salsa.