I wish I was exaggerating with the title. This gluten-free, grain-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free, garbage-free brownie is so damn fudgy and chocolaty it brings sweet sweet tears to my eyes. I've fudged around with a LOT of attempted brownie recipes - none of which have pleased me enough to post. But I think I've FINALLY nailed it with this one. I hope you all enjoy these as much as I did! As you stuff your face with one of these rich fudgy squares, you can laugh in the face of it's Lil' Debbie counterpart and say "fudge you."
- 1/2 bag of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (or 5 oz. of dark chocolate chips of choice)
- 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325 and grease an 8x8 square baking dish.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave and mix in 30 second increments until totally melted. This will be a very thin, liquidy mixture.
- Pour chocolate/coconut oil in a blender or food processor. Add all remaining ingredients. Blend until the batter is totally smooth. I really recommend blending as opposed to mixing by hand - the brownies come out really dense this way (as opposed to grainy).
- Pour batter into the baking dish and place in the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Definitely start checking at the 20 minute mark - you don't over to burn these and lose it's fudginess!
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes, then cut into small squares.
Servings: 25 brownies