I am a sucker for Indian cuisine, ain't gonna lie. I'm having a total brain fart today and don't really have anything witty or funny or even remotely informative to share with you...so I'll just tell you this is a really simple dish that takes very little prep and packs a lot of flavor. If you like curry - try it. If not...maybe head to a different page on my site...
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp curry powder (depending on how "curried" you like things, you may want to add more in small increments)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Chopped cashews to garnish
- 3 stalks of green onions to garnish, chopped
- Poke holes all around your spaghetti squash and place in a microwave-safe tray or dish. Microwave on high for 12-14 minutes (12 for a smaller squash, 14 for bigger). When done, let cool. Cut in half and scrape out seeds.
- In a skillet, heat butter and add cubed chicken. Cook over medium/high heat for about 7 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. Set aside.
- For the curry sauce - rinse and drain cashews. Add to a high speed blender or food processor along with chicken stock, coconut milk, garlic, curry powder and sea salt. Blend on high until creamy.
- When sauce and chicken are ready, scrape out the spaghetti squash strands into a mixing bowl. Add the curry sauce and chicken and mix to combine.
- Plate and garnish with cashews and green onions!